Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Sunday 21 May 2017

Claudio Caniggia


Bass-O-Matic were William Orbit's 90s house outfit who hit the top ten with Fascinating Rhythm, a single I have a lot of time for- early 90s positivity, pianos, a rap from MC Inna Onestep and the lovely vocals of Sharon Musgrave.



For a sultry and less poppy take on Fascinating Rhythm Renegade Soundwave offered up this version, also a tribute to  Claudio Caniggia, Argentina's long haired forward at Italia 90, a man fouled three times as he danced and dribbled his way through Cameroon's defence before being scythed down. This being Renegade Soundwave the focus is very much on the bass.

Fascinating Rhythm (Claudio Caniggia Mix)

8 comments:

Walter said...

I remember this scene back in 1990 when nobody could stop him before a brutal foul brought him to the ground. Great song btw.

Charity Chic said...

I shall get in before George to mention that Claudio once played for Dundee

Swiss Adam said...

I set it up for you CC.

drew said...

I have never heard the Caniggia mix before, pretty good.

I had forgotten that he had played in Scotland

Jake Sniper said...

As soon as there's a mention of Renegade Soundwave, I get Probably A Robbery going round in my head for days.

Anonymous said...

Love RSW. This mix is one of theirs I like less than others.

JC said...

Not my sort of thing (obviously!!) but can imagine this going down a storm in the clubs back in the day. If I close my eyes I can picture you, with you baggy clobber, throwing shapes, possibly even with a smile on your face..OK, maybe the last bit took it too far.

Swiss Adam said...

Always smiling on the dancefloor JC.