Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 4 February 2017

Falling Up


I got back from London last night, three days covering many miles on foot and also by tube. I took this shot in an underground station and shockingly can't remember which one and getting a shot like this is pretty easy but I like the metals and the greys, the light at the entrance and the graffiti on the step.

This is one of those minimal techno/tech-house records that brings in elements one by one, layering machine sounds in waves, building effortlessly. When the synth part comes in just before the middle it's all a bit of a headrush. Underground music. Tube music.

Falling Up (Carl Craig Remix)


9 comments:

The Swede said...

Great tune, great photo - good to have you back SA.

C said...

That is a fantastic shot.

Not so shocking that you can't remember which tube station - I can't usually tell the difference!

Echorich said...

Excellent visual/aural match up SA! I am off in 4 weeks for a week of bumming around London and it's Southwest environs...now I have a goal to either find this tube station or make my own fully dimensional urban image...

Anonymous said...

I can narrow it down Echorich. We only travelled through so many.
Swiss Adam

Walter said...

Great song. Excellent Tube music indeed.

drew said...

I hate the tube, I get palpitations just thinking about it. I once walked from Paddington to Notting Hill Gate to meet Mr H for a few pints rather than take the tube and inevitably got lost. One of the main reasons I don't do London.

Swiss Adam said...

Paddington to Notting Hill Gate is a decent length walk with plenty of getting lost opportunities.

They have a bus service too Drew.

davyh said...

I told him to get a bus

Simon said...

Bumpkins.

*wanders off singing maybe it's because I'm a Londoner*

Great pic by the way.