Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 14 November 2016

Rude Audio


I got an email on Friday, unsolicited music submission, from a man called Mark. The tone of the email kept me reading as did the sentence 'Andrew Weatherall and Don  Letts have been playing them'. Four links provided and I replied saying I'd listen. And I'm glad did.

This isn't really Monday morning music, it's Saturday night stuff. It's my Dad's birthday today and he wouldn't get these either. But there''s some rather excellent acid house going on here. Rude Audio are a south London and Geordie concoction, based in Peckham and Herne Hill. The first one I listened to was this, Crystal Pylons, a dancefloor stomper.



Knockemdub has been spun by Don Letts on BBC6, spaced out and dubby...



This one, User, was Weatherall's pick, played on Music's Not For Everyone back in April- a stuttering reggae style beat and echoey vocals, not too far from The Orb's Ultrabass remixes.



Half Moon Lane Glitter takes us back to the dark back room of a club, some slo-mo action...



Rude Audio's website asks the question 'where are all those chunky, dubby, riffy, mind-melting, epic, progressive, Balearic tunes when you need them?' Right here.


No comments: