Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 4 November 2016

Bleu Bandulu


In the second hand record shop the other day I picked up a 12" of Lundi Bleu by The Times. The Times was Ed Ball's (note NOT Ed Balls) acid house project and Lundi Bleu was his cover version of Blue Monday which I posted here several years ago. The 12" had two remixes of the track by The Grid which were what caught my eye and at £2.00 I decided it was worth a punt, having heard none of the remixes before. The two Grid remixes are both good, dubby with vocal samples, chugging away nicely. Here's The Grid's World Communications remix. It's a Youtube video only I'm afraid- my computer issues continue and ripping anything is a bridge too far at the moment.



I enjoyed both The Grid remixes, especially as being off this week I had the house to myself and could turn it up loud enough and sit back with a cup of tea. But the real treat is on the flipside with Bandulu's remix. Bandulu were from London, also on Creation and made reggae influenced dub/techno. Their remix of Lundi Bleu is a delight which defies description really- bubbling sounds and bouncing bass with an otherworldly, underwater groove. Futuristic in '92 and still sounding so today. Properly making something wonderful and new out of a track.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Will you let us know how you get on at ACR. A neighbour of mine in dublin was asking to join him but I'm up to my flabberjacks and could not make it. You could well run into him given the paltry sales that you mentioned. Mark from Dublin. Talk the cross of an ass as they say.

Anonymous said...

I'll look out for him Anthony. Will give a full report of ACR too.
Swiss Adam