Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 11 April 2016

Epic Sound Battle


Back to work after a two week break. Something is needed to ease the pain.

This is from an On U Sound compilation called In Dub Haze. Playgroup, a group of whichever musicians who happened to be in the studio at the time corralled and produced by dubmaster Adrian Sherwood, with a self-explanatory tune. 1982 I think. 1982! Sounds like it could have been made last night.

Epic Sound Battle

The picture above was taken from a Victorian covered walkway beneath the promenade at Scarborough Spa. Waves were thumping against the stonework. They did warn us...


7 comments:

C said...

Very nice and New Age Steppery; love the photos too. Hope the return to work has been bearable...

Swiss Adam said...

I survived.

drew said...

I'm off for a week. First time off since Christmas. Lots of painting to do.

Swiss Adam said...

There can't be any of your house left to paint Drew, surely?!

Echorich said...

Timeless! Adrian Sherwood magic!

As it seems to be Spring vacation time, I am off in a few days to Sin City for a week (and I don't mean Goa). Going to do my very best to avoid all things EDM - probabaly unsuccessfully - as well as anything to do with Elton John, Britney Spears or Cirque du Soleil. Have to put some legal money down on English Football, Aussie Rules and The French Open, while eating at VERY expensive restaurants and drinking very expensive Bourbon. To quote Talking Heads - I'll "Sleep in the daytime, work in the nighttime, I might not ever get home."

drew said...

Plenty more SA, alas. I've got the hall and the boys bedrooms for a start but we're off to Dundee tomorrow for a couple of days. a reprieve of sorts.

Swiss Adam said...

Sounds good Echorich.

Drew- is Dundee a reprieve? I remember you being slightly critical of the plce previously...