Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 16 May 2015

Vox Low


I came across this from Parisienne duo Vox Low, Andrew Weatherall's favourite new band. They describe themselves as 'subterranean music that oscillates between rock and psychedelic old wave... dark and cinematic'. I'm having all of that. Plus distorted organ, primitive drum thumping, ghostly backing vocals, spindly guitar and dirty bass. But don't take my word for it or Weatherall's for that matter. Listen for yourself.



Released, inevitably, on numbered, limited, transparent 7" vinyl. And equally inevitably, sold out. You can get a download at Bandcamp. I'm now expecting a remix.

4 comments:

The Swede said...

Yup. I'm having that too. Nice one. That Weatherall geezer knows a good thing when he hears it doesn't he?

drew said...

I'm with the Swede on that one, very good.

Anonymous said...

yup. that's rather good.

Unknown said...

That's bloody good!