Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 19 September 2014

Yellow Creatures




I get quite a lot of unsolicited emails offering me bands and artists to listen to and post, and- I'm sure this is a familiar feeling among bloggers- I don't have the time to listen to all/much of it, some of the emails and descriptions just don't grab me, and occasionally feel a little guilty about it.

I got an email from Paul, in a post-punk band from Newcastle called Yellow Creatures, and followed the link. This is good stuff- radio static followed by a repetitive and interesting guitar riff, a deep singing voice and some building tension and release. Definitely post-punk inspired but there's enough originality to keep it from being a photocopy of 1981-  and it's quite a while since I heard something new from a guitar band that got me anywhere near excited. This song is from an ep out this month called The Year Of Everything and Nothing.

1 comment:

Echorich said...

Very interesting indeed! Listened to it 3 times now...