Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 25 April 2014

The Return of Friday Night Is Rockabilly Night 145



Imelda May has been doing the chat shows promoting a new song and presumably a new album too. A few years ago Imelda and her band played a few radio sessions and often included their take on The Johnny Burnette's Trio's The Train Kept A Rollin', one of the cornerstones of rockabilly. This one is from a BBC Radio London session and is blistering.

Considering this has been a short week, it's felt like a long week. Join me for a drink if you like.

The Train Kept A Rollin' (Live Session)

8 comments:

drew said...

The album is coming out next week.

I'll have a large gin SA and try to forget I'm an auld bastard now.

george said...

Blistering is a very apt word to describe this. Toptastic. Drew, you'll just have to accept that (a) you are old, and (b) some people might refer to you as a bastard.

Walter said...

Yep. Same work that I regular had to do in a long week they told me to do in 4 days. I'll take a cold beer while waiting to see my team on telly. Cheers SA

Luca said...

For the sake of tradition I'll have the usual beer but in real life I'm somehow worse for wear, and on the verge of illness, what's more this evening I'm going to the commemoration of a friend's father who died yesterday. I've had better days.

Swiss Adam said...

Sorry to hear that Luca.

Luca said...

Just got back.Thanks SA, don't worry. Days like these simply happen, and after all I'm three years younger than Drew, so who's complaining..

Swiss Adam said...

I'm 43 for another ooh 3 weeks, so still considerably younger than Drew

drew said...

Fuck off the both of you!

I've got a belter of a track for tomorrow.

George - people have been calling me a bastard for years I suspect, however the coupling with auld is rather disconcerting!