Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 17 January 2014

Weatherall Post Shocker


The shocker being that we're seventeen days-that's nearly three weeks for crying out loud- into 2014 and I haven't posted anything by Andrew Weatherall. I shall rectify that glaring error by pointing you in the direction of this remix for Sam Roberts Band. I know little about Sam Roberts or his band other than that they are five twenty-something year old men from Montreal clad in denim and semi-bearded. Weatherall takes whatever it is they normally do (alt-rock I'm guessing- I suppose I should check) and sets them free in a robotic slow-mo disco, with a dash of New Order, some lovely long keening sounds and beautiful synth arpeggios. I will be requiring this on 12" vinyl please Paper Bag Records. You can listen to it at Thump, who have it on Soundcloud, but I can't find it on Soundcloud itself and so can't embed it (or rip it either for that matter). Which irritates me slightly. But listening to it again will take that irritation away.

Edit- thanks Gary Jack

9 comments:

Simon said...

Talking of glaring errors, I guess this might be the blog equivalent of new year chequebook:

"The shocker being that we're seventeen days-that's nearly three weeks for crying out loud- into 2013 and I haven't posted anything by Andrew Weatherall."

Simon said...

Meanwhile your description of the track makes me want to hear it now.

Swiss Adam said...

Ha- thanks Si. Will correct when I can.

Luca said...

This is the only blog that actually makes me feel younger.

Gary Jack said...

https://soundcloud.com/paper-bag-records/were-all-in-this-together-1/s-clm23

Anonymous said...

fine work all round

Gary Jack said...

Your welcome mate

phil spector said...

...and is that a wee bit of M's Pop Muzik around the one and a half minute and two and a half minute marks? Probably not. But it could be though.

Great track.

Swiss Adam said...

Apparently not a sample Phil but a new synth that sounds v similar. This was debated elsewhere.