Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 25 November 2013

Snubbed

I broke my Boxnet bandwidth for the month. Or rather, you lot did. Mediafire causes some people problems with the d/ls and they're quite trigger happy with my files too. So for this week I will be making use of Youtube and Soundcloud in order to keep this thing going as we approach December. Having put two clips up from the long lost BBC 2 show Snub TV recently I thought we could dig into their archives a bit.

First up The Jesus And Mary Chain, who were in danger of looking a little obsolete in 1989. Here they are 'promoting' Automatic, along with the video for Kill Surf City, some snippets of interviews and a couple of live clips.



'We're up against the music business. We're nothing'.

If you've got a spare £130 you could buy all their albums in one vinyl box at the moment.

4 comments:

drew said...

Or you could get Santa to go halfers As I have negotiated.

gullybully said...

I used to love Snub tv and Rapido at the time. the only tv show where you may glimpse JAMC, House of Love, Pixies etc at the time.
You also got Fatima Mansions, Dub Sex, MC Buzz B & Ultra Vivid Scene. Diverse.
Still loving the blog.
j

Dirk said...

Santa already did the same thing for me, but instead he went for The Clash .. which shows what a clever guy he must be ...

Echorich said...

Yeah Santa sent me a lump of coal in response to The JAMC box, but a candy cane re the Clash Box. Santa must have a social conscious...