Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 2 October 2012

And I'm Telling You Now


I read a big piece in one of the weekend newspapers about Kirsty MacColl, who died ten years this December. All her albums are being re-released. I haven't got any of them, only the odd song I picked up here and there. There aren't many cover versions of Smiths songs I like- Morrissey and Marr stamped their own characters all over them so much that almost any cover version comes up short. But this one by Kirsty is as good, if not better, than the original.

You Just Haven't Earned It Yet Baby

As I'm typing this the internet is reckoning that The Smiths are about to reform. My hairdresser says he heard that they were going to do it last summer but The Stone Roses re-union scuppered it and stole the thunder.

4 comments:

Dirk said...

... and we all know hairdressers simply know everything!

Swiss Adam said...

He sort knows Andy Rourke. Apparently.

dickvandyke said...

Kirsty is one of the few 'late' performers that I genuinely do miss. She would still be making a variety of eclectric and electric music.

I wrote this once ..

http://lastnightanmp3savedmywife.blogspot.co.uk/2005/05/kirsty-maccoll-soho-square.html

dickvandyke said...

That's eclectic and electric (ladyland).