Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 12 May 2012

Bird Scarer



Andrew Weatherall's first release on his new vinyl-only record label has come and gone and I've missed out, mainly due to the release date, pay day and internet pre-order dates all being in slightly the wrong order for me. There were only 300 copies of the record- Timothy J Fairplay's The Last Reel coupled with a Weatherall remix on the B-side- so the odds I suppose were always stacked against each individual who wanted one getting one. There must be more than 300 Weatherall collectors mustn't there? Over at the Ripped In Glasgow Facebook page various messages come through- Weatherall himself seen going into Rough Trade with 10 copies under his arm, Juno having it back in stock- but no-one has it stock when I go clicking. It's not keeping me awake at night but it is perturbing me and I'm spending too much time trying to find a copy on the internets. Sometimes you just don't get what you want. When its release was first announced there were some 90 second samples put up online. Here's one of them.

The Last Reel (Weatherall Remix [90 second sample])


4 comments:

drew said...

In the big scheme of things it not that important. It is a good remix but not an essential one. Or so I'm trying to convince myself.

Got a vinyl copy of Masterpiece which has the Horrors remix.

Swiss Adam said...

Yep got the vinyl Masterpiece. Essential

niv said...

I've got a copy, if you're interested in a rip of it...

Swiss Adam said...

yes please Niv.