Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 30 April 2012

Dr And Spaceman


Dr John, the Night Tripper, released Gris Gris back in 1968, still the spookiest New Orleans, gumbo voodoo rock album ever. Not rock music at all really, more a bad but funky r'n'b trip. Walk On Gilded Splinters is in a field of it's own. He's got a new album out called Locked Down, recorded with The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, which I haven't got but am tempted by come payday. Which is today. Hurrah!

This song Gris Gris was given away on an NME cd in the late 90s, remixed by another psychedelic explorer J Spaceman of Spiritualized (who also have a new album out, which I don't have but am tempted by). I'm sure I've got the cd somewhere but couldn't find it. I found the remix at ireallylikemusic and I hope the original poster doesn't mind me re-presenting it.

Gris Gris (J Spaceman Mix)

2 comments:

drew said...

The Spiritualized album is great but the white vinyl pressing so bad that when I complained they sent me a black vinyl replacement and told me to keep the original.

Dr John appeared on LAGWAFIS.

Swiss Adam said...

Yeah course he does. Shouldve mentioned that.