Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Yes



I'm voting Yes in tomorrow's Alternative Vote referendum. Although public interest has been minimal and turnout may be lucky to reach 30% the campaign has been nasty, bitchy and full of lies. Par for the course with party versus party and some party's split internally I suppose. The No campaign has been particularly shitty, one set of posters round here presenting it as a choice between an alternative voting system and a new maternity ward/ equipment for soldiers. I don't think that's the choice is it? One of the main reasons I'm voting Yes is because I can't bring myself to vote the same way as David 'Call me Dave' Cameron on anything and if so many Tories are against it, it must be the right thing to do. Of course there are other reasons but let's not weigh ourselves down with them here and now.


This is Yes by McAlmont And Butler, a coalition from 1995, a glorious, swooping, wide-screen song with huge vocals from The Right Hon. David McAlmont and very un-Suede like instrumentation from Lord of the Privy Guitar Bernard Butler.


1 comment:

hsd said...

great great record and YES. If only to piss off a Tory. The more they protest the more I'm convinced its the right thing to do.