Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Linger On



I think this day last year was Paul Haig Day, organised by JC at The Vinyl Villain. For whatever reason that's not happened this year, but I was reminded of it and thought I'd post this- Paul Haig and Edwyn Collins' cover version of The Velvet Underground's Pale Blue Eyes. This is really something, the guitar playing and vocals stunning. In fact it's not only the best cover of a Velvet's song by anyone I've heard but it might even be better than the original. Heresy, I know.

Edit- I'm talking/typing absolute nonsense as Davy just pointed out, getting my Paul's all confused. The Paul here is Paul Quinn not Paul Haig. *hangs head in shame*

5 comments:

davyh said...

Is it Paul Quinn or Paul Haig? Confused now. Very nice, mind.

Swiss Adam said...

Ooops, schoolboy error.

davyh said...

I was genuinely confused! Not trying to be clever, honest.

davyh said...

PS: Shame on you

Swiss Adam said...

Not having a go Davy, just appalled by my own error. Must get the sub to check these things more carefully. SUBBBB! C'mere