Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 15 November 2010

Half Way There


Today I am half way through growing a moustache for November. Movember aims to raise money for men's health charities (including prostate cancer) by growing a moustache. It was initiated by someone at work and I signed up, along with a dozen or so others. I'm not usually one for such work-based hilarity but I was intrigued and did wonder what it'd look like. Half the time I forget it's there until I catch sight of myself or get a slightly odd look from someone. Mrs Swiss told me last week I looked like a '70s cop'. Hmm, a cool, slightly Beastie Boys' Sabotage, mean streets of New York or San Francisco 70s cop maybe I thought. More likely I reckon she had Juliet Bravo in mind. She can't stand it. Bagging Area favourites Andrew Weatherall and Billy Childish are confirmed men of moustaches so I hope I can hold onto a shred of dignity. Not that either would mean anything to anyone at work.

Tache tune- The Chemical Brothers and Bernard Sumner with their 1999 single Out Of Control, one of their best, containing the line 'Or maybe you think my moustache is too much'.

Out Of Control.mp3

1 comment:

davyh said...

Shoestring perhaps? Trevor Eve? Very nice.