Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Do You Know How I Hate You Baby?


Let's have some bile.

The first time I heard about The Monks part of me thought they were some Bill Drummond style prank. Five American G.I.s stationed in Germany form a beat/garage band, wear monks black habits and shave their hair into tonsures, play basic, fuzzy proto-punk using heavy and simplistic rhythm, with a banjo player, singing about how they hate you, at the dawn of the peace and love 60s. It all sounded too good to be true.

I hate you baby (but call me)
Well I hate you with a passion
Do you know you make me hate you baby?
and so on...

There's more, much more. If you havn't got the Black Monk Time lp then get out and get it from somewhere, and check out the footage of them on German TV on Youtube. One of the best blasts of 60s garage rock.


I_Hate_You.mp3

No comments: