Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 21 June 2010

Intaferon 'Get Out Of London'


Intaferon were two Simon's, Fellowes and Gillham, who released three singles in the 1980s. This one from 1983 Get Out Of London, reached number 93 in the chart and featured on the long-lost Max Headroom Show. It starts with the noise of traffic and a train, and then rattles into three and a half minutes of electro-punk, Subterranean Homesick Blues style frantic vocal bombardment, synth-bass and madly strummed acoustic guitars. It's one of those genuinely great lost records.


Get Out of London Intaferon.mp3

7 comments:

Mondo said...

Always loved this track I've the 12" somewhere which overcooks it with special fx and eighties st-st-st-stutters

Swiss Adam said...

I've not got the 12", would love to hear it.

Mondo said...

I'll try and dig out and upload. Never that keen on 2nd second single Steamhammer Sam though

stevoid said...

A tremendous record and,considering it barely registered a blip amongst the population at large in 1983,it's heartwarming to see it registering as 'a bit special' with a fair few folk still nearly 30 years on.Have got the 12" version knocking about on my hard drive if anyone wants it.....

swiss adam said...

Yes please Stevoid

Anonymous said...

This was a great record, I found a 12" of it somewhere years after it dropped out of Rob Jones' "Futurist Chart" on Radio Luxembourg all those years ago. I think Annie Nightingale played it too.

Before I saw the lyrics on the back I thought it was "keys on the TV, hey I'm gonna be late", rather than the actual reference to TV debater Robert Kee...

stevoid said...

SA,if you email me at warmsounds@aol.com,I'll send it over to you.