Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 4 June 2010

Friday Night Is Rockabilly Night 15


'Christ, that sun's hot
Yes that's right sir'.

Just got back from camping in the Peak District (near Ashbourne) an hour or two ago. Have frogmarched two children over moorland today to visit the Nine Sisters stone circle. They loved it. Although some of us are quite red now.

And I just realised it's Friday, so here's your weekly slab of rockabilly, to be washed down with whisky and rye, and plenty of ice. This is Kip Tyler's Rumble Rock, from 1958, to keep the temperature high. I google imaged 'hot' and 'rockabilly' and the above picture appeared. A compilation worth looking out for I reckon.

Rumble Rock.mp3

2 comments:

drew said...

Keep forgetting, it's English half term.

I will pass on the whisky, as when i drink the stuff the red mist descends but will partake in the rockabilly.

It's damned sticky up here tonight.

Have a good weekend SA

Swiss Adam said...

To be honest I can't drink much whisky myself. Had a bad one a few years ago with it. We've had a Mancunian downpour tonight, but it's muggy now.