Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Friday 7 May 2010

A Reader Request! Happy Mondays 'Tokoloshe Man'


On the rare occasions when I'm allowed to dj to a (small) room of adults, I get a bit fed up when people ask for requests. 'I'm playing the records', I think, 'I'm inflicting my taste on you, do you go to an art gallery and make requests? Or a gig? Oh, OK'. Miserable so-and-so, arn't I? But on Bagging Area it's different- it's feedback, and feedback is good. Apart from when you hit Send before thinking things through and insult people. Further apologies to Trubshaw, who I needlessly and thoughtlessly called something not very nice yesterday. Anyhow, following this morning's John Kongos post a man called Dirk requested Tokoloshe Man, not the Kongos original but Happy Mondays cover version. So here it is. Maracas at the ready Dirk.

09 Tokoloshe Man.wma

2 comments:

Dirk said...

Adam,

thanks very much, mate! I heard that on Peel in another century and I only have a very dodgy recording of that show on cassette ... so I'm looking forward indeed to come home later today and listen to a proper download!

Thanks again!

Dirk from Sexyloser

swiss adam said...

Pleasure Dirk