Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Saturday 8 May 2010

Jim Reid 'Dead End Kids'


Bagging Area featured Sister Vanilla, Jim and William Reid's sister Linda's band a short while back, so I thought I'd post this solo single by Jim from 2006. It's JAMC-style scuzzy indie rock, a three chord Velvet's riff and 'ooooh' backing vox but Jim carries it off with a bit of gutter panache ('It's just like a grape in a bottle, it's wine today, it's piss tomorrow) and a bit of cliche ('I'm a rock 'n' roll amputation'). Jim did some pretty good covers around this time too- If You Gotta Go (by The Byrds and Dylan, can't remember which one wrote it) and an electronic version of The Saints I'm Stranded, which was excellent. Suppose to complete this post-JAMC mini-series I'll have to look for something postable by William's solo project Lazycame now, something so ramshackle even Alan McGee refused to put it out.

01 Dead End Kids.wma

No comments: