Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Del Shannon 'Gemini' Pilooski Re-edit


Back at the start of Bagging Area I featured the original version of this, Del Shannon's Gemini, a lost baroque/psyche/pop classic from 1968. A song in praise of the elusive Gemini, 'always heavy on my mind, blue eyes', in the way those girls always seem to have been in the late 60s. This is French wonderkid Pilooski's re-edited version and it's arguably better than Del's- faster, toughened up, dance floor drums, cut-up vox in parts, stretched out, but retaining Del's otherness and great vocal. Superb.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Oh, how do I love this song!
I didn't know before finding your post that the song is out '68! What makes me feel much more about it as I'm crazy with 1968 , even colecting pictures and things with number 68.
The only thing is that I never can find the lyrics of this song. Could you please wright it for me? As I am russian and don't speak english perfectly, I can't catch all the meaning clearly.

Thank you in advance!

Marusya