Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Shrag 'Talk To The Left' (DJDownfall Entente Cordiale Mix)


Shrag are a three girl, two boy band from Brighton, making a racket not a million miles away from shambolic c86 indie and early 80s post-punk, dripping with put downs and sarcastic, snotty lyrics. This one was remixed by DJ Downfall (presumably inspired by the film about the last days in the bunker or the childrens' game with dials to turn), who strips off the guitars and turns it into a clubby drum and synth fest. It's a withering put down of blokes who talk dirty in bed when they should be getting on the with job, and how they should 'talk to the left 'cos the right hand's busy'. So there.

Is this what we really want chaps? Sexually confident indie girls telling us what we have to do, over pulsing electronica? Eh? Hmmm.

Answers on a postcard.

TalkToTheLeft(DJDownfallEntenteCordialeMix).mp3

7 comments:

undeleted said...

I think I like. Cheers!

Swiss Adam said...

It's pretty good isn't it.

Swiss Adam said...

Heh heh. 24 hours after I posted it, this is the least downloaded song I've put up here yet (3 dls). What's putting people off?

Swiss Adam said...

That's only 5 downloads behind Crispy Ambulance mind you.

Anonymous said...

I like it. (But then I've always had a thing for shouty girls with guitars.) So much so I subsequently listened to the whole Shrag album on Spotify... and that led me to someone who led me to Fight Like Apes. Good work.

shitboyfriend said...

*shuffles in* - i'll have a go

drew said...

I like this