Unauthorised item in the bagging area

Monday 1 March 2010

Primal Scream versus Tweet 'Oops I'm Loaded'




I've just nipped to the supermarket for a few odds and ends, thought I'd whip through the self-service bit, and been a victim of the bagging area- 'unauthorised item in the bagging area' three times. There's some grim irony for yer. A neighbour saw me and asked 'why do you do it to yourself?'. At this point I was about to rip the display screen from its mooring. I was already talking in an agitated way to the machine- 'I've put it in the bagging area. No there isn't. You authorised it. What do you want me to do? Why should I wait for assistance- the whole point here is that I can do it myself'. Grrrr.

Anyway. The mash-up. So mid-noughties don't you think? But good fun when done well. The bloke behind Go Home Productions has done it as well as anybody, and recently re-appeared with a Thin Lizzy/ Christina Aguilera mash-up. Which sent me back to this one, from several years ago. The vocal from Tweet's Oops (Oh My), the one where she sees a man in a club, gets hot thinking about it and, um, pleases herself, placed over Loaded, Primal Scream's blast off and Andrew Weatherall's starting point. He's getting everywhere round here at the moment. This is good- two very different songs, spliced together, done with a sense of humour and adding something to both.

oops i'm loaded.mp3

1 comment:

drew said...

That very nearly works, I like it.